- John Krasinski, host of the 2013 one hundred event View picture
- Honorees Dr. Joel Schwartz and Dr. Karen Krag (2013 event) View picture
- Honorees Harrison Strickler and Corey Jacobson (2013 event) View picture
- John Krasinski at Podium (2013 event) View picture
- John Krasinski, Emily Blunt, Honorees Ann Murray Paige and Stephanie Quinn (2013 event) View picture
- Laura and Ken Wernick (2013 event) View picture
- Patrick Bohen and Kiera Bohen (2013 event) View picture
- The Ballroom (2013 event) View picture
- Table sign (2013 event) View picture
- the one hundred Committee members Jeannette Van der Velde and Remy Stressenger (2013 event) View picture
- Dr. Peter and Lori Slavin, Vicary Graham, Belinda and Henri Termeer, Patti and Jonathan Kraft (2013 event) View picture
the one hundred event
John Krasinski, star of the hit TV series The Office and a Newton native, hosted the sixth annual fundraiser which honored 100 individuals and organizations for their commitment and contributions to the fight against cancer. The event attracted more than 900 guests and raised $1.3 million to benefit the Cancer Center’s most vital initiatives, including research, patient care, education and community outreach programs.
Click the gray “Playlist” link in the lower left corner of the video player to view other clips including Matt Damon’s video message, John Krasinski, featured one hundred honorees, Mass General physicians, a tribute to the MGH Marathon Team and more.
Several honorees were highlighted during the evening program, including:
- Stephanie Quinn, MSW, LICSW, whose actions to help one patient and his family were truly heroic
- Bruce Chabner, MD, an oncology pioneer and beloved teacher
- The Lazarex Cancer Foundation, whose mission to improve access to clinical trials for underserved patients has impacted countless lives
- Ann Murray Paige, who shared her inspiring journey after being diagnosed with breast cancer at age 37 and told the audience, “Cancer is hard…but you make it easier.”
the one hundred 2013 was co-chaired by Patti and Jonathan Kraft and Vicary Graham. During the event, Mr. Kraft paid tribute to the 2013 Mass General Marathon Team, Fighting Kids’ Cancer…One Step at a Time, and many members of the team joined him on stage, including team captain and chief of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Dr. Howard Weinstein. The evening’s appeal raised $180,000 for pediatric cancer – helping the Mass General Marathon team raise a total of $940,000 towards its $1 million goal.