Moireen and Aaron Ruotsala
Co-Founders, Charitable Foundation
Since losing their three-year-old son Cole to cancer, Aaron and Moireen Ruotsala have dedicated their lives to providing hope and consolation to other families whose children are afflicted with cancer.
In 2011, the couple sold their home and bought a motor coach that they use to travel the country. They visit children in hospitals and speak at schools and churches to increase support for the care of pediatric cancer patients and their families.
Aaron and Moireen also established a nonprofit, Cole’s Foundation, and created a website with a special section for children: “Kids Unite to Fight.” The site invites visitors to share good news, celebrate loved ones, post urgent prayer requests and “Send-a-Smile” by ordering balloons and gifts for children in treatment.
Aaron also authored a book, entitled “Cole, I Love You to the Moon and Back,” about his family, their incalculable loss and their faith.
Through Cole’s Foundation and their daily lives, Aaron and Moireen are creating a community of support for families whose children are fighting grave illness.
Celebrate the one hundred 2014Join Us on June 10
- Steve Beauville
- Nancy Lee Harris, MD
- Patricia A. Kent, MS, RN, CPNP
- Karen J. Krag, MD
- Nancy and Richard Kelleher
- Big Y
- Tiffany Koolakian, RTT
- Betty J. Borry Breast Cancer Retreats
- Jennifer E. D’Alotto, MSW, LCSW
- Julian Adams, PhD
- The Center for Cancer Risk Assessment Genetic Counselors at Mass General
- Marla Serwin
- Mary F. Fay, RN, BSN, OCN
- Nicole McNerney
- Melissa Skolny, MSHA, Cynthia Miller; Lauren Jammallo; Jean O’Toole, PT, MPH; and Michelle Specht, MD, Mass General Lymphedema Screening Team
- Pennies from Heaven
- Joshua Sommer
- Sandra Creamer, RN, OCN, NP, PhD
- Kathleen Lopez, RN
- Ray Gobbi and Robert Kilroy
- Arul M. Chinnaiyan, MD, PhD
- George R. Lillie, RN
- Mara G. Bloom, JD
- Farrah Fawcett and the Farrah Fawcett Foundation
- Edwin K. Lamport
- Kate Murphy
- Lazarex Foundation
- Shiv Pillai, MD, PhD
- Comprehensive Grammar School Kids Cancer Club
- Dell, Inc.