Adrienne Harrison, Laura Hencke, Beverly Snell
Bone Marrow Transplant Coordinators
Mass General Cancer Center’s bone marrow transplant coordinators provide compassionate and careful service to every patient who receives a hematopoietic stem cell transplant. Each year, they serve hundreds of patients.
Beverly Snell, Adrienne Harrison and Laura Hencke (pictured left to right) understand that transplant patients face difficult choices and complex procedures. The coordinators bring devotion and patience to their role, which includes ensuring that each patient has a well-coordinated treatment plan.
The coordinators schedule an array of appointments within and outside the Mass General campus. They arrange tests and blood samples and often make appeals to nationwide bone marrow and cord-blood data banks to obtain matches on behalf of patients.
Many patients travel to Mass General for transplants, and the coordinators ensure seamless communication between patients’ local caregivers and the Cancer Center treatment team.
The Mass General Cancer Center is a participant in the National Bone Marrow Donor Program, and the coordinators also serve another set of patients — donors, organizing their testing results and the storage of their stem cells or marrow.
Adrienne, Laura and Beverly do all these important activities and more with grace and accuracy.
Celebrate the one hundred 2014Join Us on June 10
- Joshua Sommer
- Sandra Creamer, RN, OCN, NP, PhD
- Sue de Vries Cancer Foundation
- Gordon B. Zacks
- Donna Karan and the Urban Zen Foundation
- Corey Jacobson
- Brian N. Napolitano
- Melissa Skolny, MSHA, Cynthia Miller; Lauren Jammallo; Jean O’Toole, PT, MPH; and Michelle Specht, MD, Mass General Lymphedema Screening Team
- Nancy and Richard Kelleher
- Friends of Jaclyn
- David J. Kuter, MD, Dphil
- Yi-Bin A. Chen, MD
- Mary F. Fay, RN, BSN, OCN
- Eileen McGuirk’s Flash Mob
- Lori Grassette
- St. Mary’s High School Baseball Team
- Comprehensive Grammar School Kids Cancer Club
- Evangelos S. Gragoudas, MD
- Farrah Fawcett and the Farrah Fawcett Foundation
- Children’s Tumor Foundation
- Cristina R. Ferrone, MD
- Lori Wirth
- James C. Cusack Jr., MD
- Joel H. Schwartz, MD, FACP
- Tim Cummings, MSW, LICSW
- Teagan Stedman
- Linda J. Verville Cancer Research Foundation
- Philip Gosnell
- Chad Juros
- Don Francis, RN, BSN