Adrienne Harrison, Laura Hencke, Beverly Snell
Bone Marrow Transplant Coordinators
Mass General Cancer Center’s bone marrow transplant coordinators provide compassionate and careful service to every patient who receives a hematopoietic stem cell transplant. Each year, they serve hundreds of patients.
Beverly Snell, Adrienne Harrison and Laura Hencke (pictured left to right) understand that transplant patients face difficult choices and complex procedures. The coordinators bring devotion and patience to their role, which includes ensuring that each patient has a well-coordinated treatment plan.
The coordinators schedule an array of appointments within and outside the Mass General campus. They arrange tests and blood samples and often make appeals to nationwide bone marrow and cord-blood data banks to obtain matches on behalf of patients.
Many patients travel to Mass General for transplants, and the coordinators ensure seamless communication between patients’ local caregivers and the Cancer Center treatment team.
The Mass General Cancer Center is a participant in the National Bone Marrow Donor Program, and the coordinators also serve another set of patients — donors, organizing their testing results and the storage of their stem cells or marrow.
Adrienne, Laura and Beverly do all these important activities and more with grace and accuracy.
Nominate someone you know who is making a difference in the fight against cancer!NOMINATE TODAY
- Nagahiro Saijo, MD, PhD
- Keisha Cobb
- Wolfram Goessling, MD, PhD
- Cape Air
- Nicole Neville and Paige Shin
- Grace Cohen
- Brian J. MacDonnell, RN
- Angels Above
- Valerie Harper
- Lorraine A. Sacco
- The Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation
- Chris Draft
- Patricia L. Nebus, RN
- Belinda and Henri Termeer
- Shore Country Day Boys Basketball Team
- Stephen A. Scullen
- Dancing With The Teachers
- BOTSwana Oncology Global Outreach (BOTSOGO)
- Dejan Juric, MD
- Kimberly Shannon, RN
- William F. Pirl, MD, MPH
- The Cardio-Oncology Program: Sanjeev Francis, MD, Marielle Scherrer-Crosbie MD, PhD, and Tomas Neilan, MD
- Central Maine Medical Center, Outpatient Medical Oncology/Infusion Center Nursing Staff
- Keith D. Lillemoe, MD
- Caring for a Cure
- Christina Kim, NP
- Amir T. Fathi, MD
- Shelia O’Donoghue, RN, OCN
- Ronald (Tak) W. Takvorian, MD
- Eric S. Lander, PhD
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.