Adrienne Harrison, Laura Hencke, Beverly Snell
Bone Marrow Transplant Coordinators
Mass General Cancer Center’s bone marrow transplant coordinators provide compassionate and careful service to every patient who receives a hematopoietic stem cell transplant. Each year, they serve hundreds of patients.
Beverly Snell, Adrienne Harrison and Laura Hencke (pictured left to right) understand that transplant patients face difficult choices and complex procedures. The coordinators bring devotion and patience to their role, which includes ensuring that each patient has a well-coordinated treatment plan.
The coordinators schedule an array of appointments within and outside the Mass General campus. They arrange tests and blood samples and often make appeals to nationwide bone marrow and cord-blood data banks to obtain matches on behalf of patients.
Many patients travel to Mass General for transplants, and the coordinators ensure seamless communication between patients’ local caregivers and the Cancer Center treatment team.
The Mass General Cancer Center is a participant in the National Bone Marrow Donor Program, and the coordinators also serve another set of patients — donors, organizing their testing results and the storage of their stem cells or marrow.
Adrienne, Laura and Beverly do all these important activities and more with grace and accuracy.
- Pennies from Heaven
- Arul M. Chinnaiyan, MD, PhD
- Julia Hincman-Francavilla, MS, RD, LDN, CSO
- Corey Jacobson
- Edwin K. Lamport
- Dell, Inc.
- Jennifer E. D’Alotto, MSW, LCSW
- Shiv Pillai, MD, PhD
- St. Mary’s High School Baseball Team
- Michelle Boutin, Karen Ingwersen and Michael Keamy
- Farrah Fawcett and the Farrah Fawcett Foundation
- Eileen McGuirk’s Flash Mob
- Jason Maxwell
- David E. Fisher, MD, PhD
- Ashley Bonner
- Tim Cummings, MSW, LICSW
- James E. Bradner, MD
- Mara G. Bloom, JD
- Phyllis McNally
- Tricia Ferguson, Mike Jones, and Kim Rock – Institution for Savings
- Betty J. Borry Breast Cancer Retreats
- Melissa Skolny, MSHA, Cynthia Miller; Lauren Jammallo; Jean O’Toole, PT, MPH
- Mary F. Fay, RN, BSN
- Nancy and Richard Kelleher
- Ann H. Partridge, MD, MPH
- Steve Beauville
- Kevin Campbell
- Ann Murray Paige
- Breast Intentions, Massachusetts Chapter
- Joel H. Schwartz, MD, FACP
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer.
There is strength in numbers and Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center proves this each year. the one hundred is the Cancer Center’s annual fundraiser, honoring 100 individuals and groups whose diligence and discoveries, philanthropy and passion have helped advance the fight against cancer. Funds raised at the gala support research, patient care, education and community outreach programs. Meet the Honorees.