Ann M. Snow, RN, BS, OCN
Nurse Manager, Mass General Department of Radiation Oncology at Emerson Hospita - Bethke Cancer Centerl
In 1997, Massachusetts General Hospital opened its first satellite radiation oncology clinic — the Mass General Department of Radiation Oncology at Emerson Hospital. At that time, it was a one doctor, one nurse operation. Since then, the department has grown into a busy 15–person clinic, and throughout all of this, Ann Snow, RN, BS, OCN, has been the go-to person whom patients and staff turn to for radiation oncology services.
Ann coordinates a high-quality clinical operation that meets the community’s growing demand for radiation oncology services close to home. Her single-minded goal is to provide every patient with the best of care.
From the beginning, Ann created new and innovative programs to meet this goal. She initiated multidisciplinary meetings to improve communication among the different specialists who care for patients during radiation treatment and introduced specialized training for the hospital’s nurses. She integrated treatment planning for patients with head and neck malignancies, engaging social workers, speech pathologists and nutritionists.
Ann is a vigilant and resourceful guide to patients and their families throughout treatment. She sees to it that they gain the support they need — from expedited insurance authorizations to counseling for children distressed by a parent’s illness.
“With her expertise and compassion, Ann raises the comfort level of patients and calms their fears,” says a colleague.
Nominate someone you know who is making a difference in the fight against cancer!NOMINATE TODAY
- Karen M. Winkfield, MD, PhD
- Robert Stabile, RPh, BCOP
- Dancing With The Teachers
- Dana-Farber / Harvard Cancer Center–Faith Based Cancer Disparities Network
- Jordan Rich
- Pamela L. Trefler
- Angels Above
- Cape Air
- Chris Draft
- Peter J. Biggs, PhD
- Annika, Gabriella and Jack Johnson
- Belinda and Henri Termeer
- Central Maine Medical Center, Outpatient Medical Oncology/Infusion Center Nursing Staff
- Nicole Neville and Paige Shin
- 2013 Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Youth Crew
- Sarah, Gail and Christopher Doktor
- David N. Louis, MD
- Father John P. Kearns
- David S. Rosenthal, MD
- Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition
- Kevin S. Emerick, MD
- Anthony H. Russell, MD
- Patricia M. LoRusso, DO
- The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, Hospital Outreach Program
- E. John Opolski, RN
- Frederick (Fritz) C. Koerner, MD
- The Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation
- BOTSwana Oncology Global Outreach (BOTSOGO)
- Nancy Goodman
- Rochelle Shoretz
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.