Beverly Gerade, NP
Nurse Practitioner, Gillette Center for Breast Cancer
Beverly Gerade, RN, NP, is gifted at recognizing and calming the apprehensions of her patients. With expert skill and empathy, Beverly helps each patient cope with what can be a bewildering and terrifying process.
Michelle Nivens knew she was in the best of hands at the Mass General Cancer Center, where her care team included Barbara Smith, MD, PhD, Beverly Moy, MD, MPH, and Gwen Mitchell, LPN. While praising each of these clinicians, Michelle singles out Beverly, her nurse practitioner, for easing her fears right from the start.
“Beverly was amazing with me when I was so afraid,” writes Michelle. “I first met her when I went for a biopsy. I’m claustrophobic and she helped me get through it.
“After, knowing I was freaking out about a bone scan, she listened to my concerns with respect and talked me through my fears. And on the day of my surgery, Beverly came and greeted me in the waiting room.
“Beverly treated me with dignity and helped me negotiate every step of diagnosis and treatment.”
Celebrate the one hundred 2014Join Us on June 10
- Kathy Giusti
- Michelle Boutin, Karen Ingwersen, RN, and Michael Keamy
- Vicki A. Jackson, MD, MPH
- Tristan’s Gift of Hope Foundation
- Eileen McGuirk’s Flash Mob
- Pamela Manikas Washek
- Dell, Inc.
- Richard L. Deming, MD
- Sandra Creamer, RN, OCN, NP, PhD
- Jeanne Griffin Vaughn, NP
- Harrison Strickler
- Robert Howe
- James E. Bradner, MD
- Arul M. Chinnaiyan, MD, PhD
- Anne Fallon
- Jeff Warren
- Andrea Paciello
- Ray Gobbi and Robert Kilroy
- Barry Lipsett & Charles River Apparel
- Pennies from Heaven
- Yovanny Fana
- Betty J. Borry Breast Cancer Retreats
- Chad Juros
- Moireen and Aaron Ruotsala
- Amy S. Colwell, MD, FACS
- Estelle Sugarman
- Mary Philopoulos
- Nancy and Richard Kelleher
- Mary F. Fay, RN, BSN, OCN
- Kathleen A. Stakes, RN, MS, CPON