Beverly Gerade, NP
Nurse Practitioner, Gillette Center for Breast Cancer
Beverly Gerade, RN, NP, is gifted at recognizing and calming the apprehensions of her patients. With expert skill and empathy, Beverly helps each patient cope with what can be a bewildering and terrifying process.
Michelle Nivens knew she was in the best of hands at the Mass General Cancer Center, where her care team included Barbara Smith, MD, PhD, Beverly Moy, MD, MPH, and Gwen Mitchell, LPN. While praising each of these clinicians, Michelle singles out Beverly, her nurse practitioner, for easing her fears right from the start.
“Beverly was amazing with me when I was so afraid,” writes Michelle. “I first met her when I went for a biopsy. I’m claustrophobic and she helped me get through it.
“After, knowing I was freaking out about a bone scan, she listened to my concerns with respect and talked me through my fears. And on the day of my surgery, Beverly came and greeted me in the waiting room.
“Beverly treated me with dignity and helped me negotiate every step of diagnosis and treatment.”
Nominate someone you know who is making a difference in the fight against cancer!NOMINATE TODAY
- Dana-Farber / Harvard Cancer Center–Faith Based Cancer Disparities Network
- Keisha Cobb
- Charles L. Sawyers, MD
- David S. Rosenthal, MD
- Jordan Rich
- The Cardio-Oncology Program: Sanjeev Francis, MD, Marielle Scherrer-Crosbie MD, PhD, and Tomas Neilan, MD
- Dan Dewey
- Jerry Younger, MD
- William H. Park
- Susan Wornick
- Remy A. Stressenger
- Cape Air
- LUNGevity Foundation
- Arielle Densen
- Dancing With The Teachers
- Kevin S. Emerick, MD
- Nicole Neville and Paige Shin
- Robert Stabile, RPh, BCOP
- Stephen A. Scullen
- Amir T. Fathi, MD
- Roberto DeJesus
- E. John Opolski, RN
- Valerie Harper
- Team Collette-Black Rose
- Angels Above
- Central Maine Medical Center, Outpatient Medical Oncology/Infusion Center Nursing Staff
- The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, Hospital Outreach Program
- The Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation
- Haymakers for Hope
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.