Beverly Gerade, NP
Nurse Practitioner, Gillette Center for Breast Cancer
Beverly Gerade, RN, NP, is gifted at recognizing and calming the apprehensions of her patients. With expert skill and empathy, Beverly helps each patient cope with what can be a bewildering and terrifying process.
Michelle Nivens knew she was in the best of hands at the Mass General Cancer Center, where her care team included Barbara Smith, MD, PhD, Beverly Moy, MD, MPH, and Gwen Mitchell, LPN. While praising each of these clinicians, Michelle singles out Beverly, her nurse practitioner, for easing her fears right from the start.
“Beverly was amazing with me when I was so afraid,” writes Michelle. “I first met her when I went for a biopsy. I’m claustrophobic and she helped me get through it.
“After, knowing I was freaking out about a bone scan, she listened to my concerns with respect and talked me through my fears. And on the day of my surgery, Beverly came and greeted me in the waiting room.
“Beverly treated me with dignity and helped me negotiate every step of diagnosis and treatment.”
Nominate someone you know who is making a difference in the fight against cancer!NOMINATE TODAY
- Dan Dewey
- David L. Berger, MD
- BOTSwana Oncology Global Outreach (BOTSOGO)
- Robert Stabile, RPh, BCOP
- Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition
- Zach Sobiech Osteosarcoma Fund
- Patricia M. LoRusso, DO
- Think Fit For Kids
- Peter J. Biggs, PhD
- Alice B. Hatch
- Rochelle Shoretz
- Gaddy A. Getz, PhD
- Kolleen M. Taylor
- Nanci Newton
- Gary D. Hammer, MD, PhD
- Donald P. Lawrence, MD
- The Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation
- Karen M. Winkfield, MD, PhD
- Jim Coghlin Sr. and 15-40 Connection
- Richard A. Hodin, MD
- Nancy Goodman
- Winter Vinecki
- The Cardio-Oncology Program: Sanjeev Francis, MD, Marielle Scherrer-Crosbie MD, PhD, and Tomas Neilan, MD
- Nagahiro Saijo, MD, PhD
- Christina Kim, NP
- Cape Air
- Central Maine Medical Center, Outpatient Medical Oncology/Infusion Center Nursing Staff
- Robert C. Lufkin, DO
- Chien-Chi Huang
- Caring for a Cure
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.