Carlos G. Fernandez-Robles, MD
Center for Psychiatric Oncology and Behavioral Science, Cancer Related Fatigue Clinic
Since joining the Bone Marrow Transplant Service at Mass General in 2009, psychiatrist Carlos Fernandez-Robles, MD, has dramatically expanded its inpatient psychiatric consultation services. Before he joined the unit, only outpatients received specialized psychiatric oncology care.
Dr. Fernandez-Robles has been instrumental in the growth of this new and important practice. He brings to his role passion, dedication and clinical expertise, as well as the insights that can only come from his personal experience as a transplant patient.
The year before he came to Mass General from his native Colombia for a fellowship in psychosomatic medicine, Dr. Fernandez-Robles was diagnosed with lymphoma and received a bone marrow transplant. That experience created a career interest in helping patients undergoing this treatment to improve their quality of life. He is currently pursuing research on the use of light therapy to improve quality of life in hospitalized patients undergoing bone marrow transplants.
He also has provided medical care to poor communities in Miami and offers Latino cancer patients expert psychiatric care in either English or Spanish. Dr. Fernandez-Robles is a hero to his patients and colleagues.
Celebrate the one hundred 2014Join Us on June 10
- Donna Karan and the Urban Zen Foundation
- Harrison Strickler
- Eileen McGuirk’s Flash Mob
- Moireen and Aaron Ruotsala
- Rhonda McGrail
- Mary Philopoulos
- Richard L. Deming, MD
- Tiffany Koolakian, RTT
- Lazarex Foundation
- Ann H. Partridge, MD, MPH
- Joel H. Schwartz, MD, FACP
- St. Mary’s High School Baseball Team
- Uniting Against Lung Cancer
- Breast Intentions, Massachusetts Chapter
- Dell, Inc.
- Joshua Sommer
- Pamela Manikas Washek
- Children’s Tumor Foundation
- Karen J. Krag, MD
- Ann Murray Paige
- Shiv Pillai, MD, PhD
- Anne Fallon
- Edwin K. Lamport
- Michelle Boutin, Karen Ingwersen, RN, and Michael Keamy
- Evangelos S. Gragoudas, MD
- Douglas J. Mathisen, MD
- Big Y
- Linda J. Verville Cancer Research Foundation
- Kim Rock, Michael Jones and Tricia Ferguson – Institution for Savings
- Kathy Giusti
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.