The Dell slogan, “Powering the possible,” applies to the company’s corporate social responsibility initiatives, but it’s especially illustrative for children’s cancer care.
For decades, Dell has helped scientists and researchers accelerate cancer discoveries through its technology platforms, which enable institutions to share information in real-time. Dell’s high-speed cloud computing solutions allow experts to identify and share new personalized treatments in days instead of months.
In 2012, the company committed more than $10 million to programs that enhance pediatric cancer care — from helping patients and families undergoing treatment to meet their physical and emotional needs, to enhancing tumor databases used in research and establishing remote learning opportunities for hospitalized children.
The company has also undertaken innovative partnerships that benefit children’s cancer care. For example, working with Causes.com, Dell has helped to generate awareness and funds for neuroblastoma research.
Dell’s support is also expanding the reach and impact of the world’s first FDA-approved personalized medicine trial for pediatric cancer, a collaboration between the Translational Genomics Research Institute and the Neuroblastoma and Medulloblastoma Translational Research Consortium.
By applying its technology, expertise, donations and team member volunteerism, Dell is working to expand possibilities for children fighting cancer.
Celebrate the one hundred 2014Join Us on June 10
- Estelle Sugarman
- Ellen Sigal, PhD
- Ashley Bonner
- Rose M. Watson
- Kathleen Lopez, RN
- Sailing Heals
- Pennies from Heaven
- Donna Karan and the Urban Zen Foundation
- Sue de Vries Cancer Foundation
- Jeff Warren
- Breast Intentions, Massachusetts Chapter
- Joshua Sommer
- Jeanne Griffin Vaughn, NP
- Julia Hincman-Francavilla, MS, RD, LDN, CSO
- Melissa Skolny, MSHA, Cynthia Miller; Lauren Jammallo; Jean O’Toole, PT, MPH; and Michelle Specht, MD, Mass General Lymphedema Screening Team
- Kim Rock, Michael Jones and Tricia Ferguson – Institution for Savings
- Evangelos S. Gragoudas, MD
- Steve Beauville
- Children’s Tumor Foundation
- Tim Cummings, MSW, LICSW
- Sandra Creamer, RN, OCN, NP, PhD
- Betty J. Borry Breast Cancer Retreats
- Marla Serwin
- Lori Wirth
- Mara G. Bloom, JD
- Philip Gosnell
- Patricia A. Kent, MS, RN, CPNP
- Robert Howe
- Kevin Campbell
- Tristan’s Gift of Hope Foundation
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.