In 1990, Dorothy (Dottie) Binford was recruited to the Mass General Cancer Center by founding director Kurt Isselbacher, MD, to help develop and run its research group. For almost 25 years, Dottie has supported all aspects of administration and operations at the Mass General Center for Cancer Research in the Charlestown Navy Yard.
Over the years, her warm and pleasant demeanor has touched many lives. Dottie handles countless tasks with grace and aplomb — from ensuring international post docs obtain visas to helping labs purchase equipment. Dottie is dedicated to facilitating the center’s scientific productivity. She sees that her work advances patient care.
Dottie shares her boundless love for people every day. Before Facebook’s wall feature was popular, Dottie created a wall of her own that she fills with pictures of colleagues’ loved ones and pets. Whether offering a sweet from her bottomless candy dish or dispensing a bit of heartfelt wisdom to encourage a colleague, Dottie lifts everyone’s spirits.
Dottie is an extraordinary colleague and an inspiration to all at the Charlestown Navy Yard.
Nominate someone you know who is making a difference in the fight against cancer!NOMINATE TODAY
- Nicole Neville and Paige Shin
- Betty A. Maloney, RN
- Frederick (Fritz) C. Koerner, MD
- Robert Stabile, RPh, BCOP
- Think Fit For Kids
- Betty Tang
- Central Maine Medical Center, Outpatient Medical Oncology/Infusion Center Nursing Staff
- Gary D. Hammer, MD, PhD
- William F. Pirl, MD, MPH
- Carol Sullivan
- BOTSwana Oncology Global Outreach (BOTSOGO)
- Jordan Rich
- Ryan’s Reindeer
- The Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation
- The Cardio-Oncology Program: Sanjeev Francis, MD, Marielle Scherrer-Crosbie MD, PhD, and Tomas Neilan, MD
- The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, Hospital Outreach Program
- Carrie A. Quadrino
- Chris Draft
- E. John Opolski, RN
- Haymakers for Hope
- Caring for a Cure
- Chien-Chi Huang
- Kimberly Shannon, RN
- Remy A. Stressenger
- David N. Louis, MD
- Sarah, Gail and Christopher Doktor
- The Paul Foundation
- Amir T. Fathi, MD
- Winter Vinecki
- Nanci Newton
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.