In 1990, Dorothy (Dottie) Binford was recruited to the Mass General Cancer Center by founding director Kurt Isselbacher, MD, to help develop and run its research group. For almost 25 years, Dottie has supported all aspects of administration and operations at the Mass General Center for Cancer Research in the Charlestown Navy Yard.
Over the years, her warm and pleasant demeanor has touched many lives. Dottie handles countless tasks with grace and aplomb — from ensuring international post docs obtain visas to helping labs purchase equipment. Dottie is dedicated to facilitating the center’s scientific productivity. She sees that her work advances patient care.
Dottie shares her boundless love for people every day. Before Facebook’s wall feature was popular, Dottie created a wall of her own that she fills with pictures of colleagues’ loved ones and pets. Whether offering a sweet from her bottomless candy dish or dispensing a bit of heartfelt wisdom to encourage a colleague, Dottie lifts everyone’s spirits.
Dottie is an extraordinary colleague and an inspiration to all at the Charlestown Navy Yard.
Celebrate the one hundred 2014Join Us on June 10
- Jennifer E. D’Alotto, MSW, LCSW
- Steve Beauville
- Betty J. Borry Breast Cancer Retreats
- Julia Hincman-Francavilla, MS, RD, LDN, CSO
- Mary Philopoulos
- Dell, Inc.
- Harrison Strickler
- Ray Gobbi and Robert Kilroy
- Evangelos S. Gragoudas, MD
- The Center for Cancer Risk Assessment Genetic Counselors at Mass General
- Eileen McGuirk’s Flash Mob
- Tyler Jacks, PhD
- Anne Fallon
- Rose M. Watson
- Philip Gosnell
- Kailie Laflamme, LICSW
- Kathleen A. Stakes, RN, MS, CPON
- Mara G. Bloom, JD
- Friends of Jaclyn
- Jason Maxwell
- Breast Intentions, Massachusetts Chapter
- Douglas J. Mathisen, MD
- Michelle Boutin, Karen Ingwersen, RN, and Michael Keamy
- Corey Jacobson
- Shiv Pillai, MD, PhD
- Nicole McNerney
- Kathleen Lopez, RN
- Comprehensive Grammar School Kids Cancer Club
- Phyllis McNally
- St. Mary’s High School Baseball Team