Frank Lewenberg, a self-employed attorney, turned his experience as a cancer patient into an electronic book entitled, Interesting Times: The Story of My Battle with Brain Cancer.
Four years ago, Frank was diagnosed with glioblastoma and received treatment at the Mass General Cancer Center from a group of clinicians he gratefully describes as his “medical dream team.” Overseeing his care were attending neurologist Fred Hochberg, MD, and Jay Loeffler, MD, chief of Radiation Oncology.
Frank distributes his book via email at no charge, but he invites readers to make a donation to a fund at Mass General that supports brain cancer research and patient care. So far, Frank has raised more than $15,000 for the Cancer Center through his inventive campaign.
Frank’s book is an asset to patients, their families and healthcare professionals in its positive, candid chronicle of his odyssey through diagnosis, treatment and recovery. Fortunately, in its concluding chapter, Frank is back to running and bicycling, enjoying time with his family and friends and living life to the fullest. But with an abiding commitment to helping others through their cancer ordeal, Frank is now also an author and fundraiser.
Celebrate the one hundred 2014Join Us on June 10
- Uniting Against Lung Cancer
- Kim Rock, Michael Jones and Tricia Ferguson – Institution for Savings
- Corey Jacobson
- Shiv Pillai, MD, PhD
- Cristina R. Ferrone, MD
- David J. Kuter, MD, Dphil
- Friends of Jaclyn
- Mary Philopoulos
- Don Francis, RN, BSN
- Andrea Paciello
- Breast Intentions, Massachusetts Chapter
- Ann H. Partridge, MD, MPH
- Tina Capodilupo Journeay
- George R. Lillie, RN
- Farrah Fawcett and the Farrah Fawcett Foundation
- Linda J. Verville Cancer Research Foundation
- Mary F. Fay, RN, BSN, OCN
- Donna Karan and the Urban Zen Foundation
- Patricia A. Kent, MS, RN, CPNP
- Tyler Jacks, PhD
- Tim Cummings, MSW, LICSW
- Lori Grassette
- Amy S. Colwell, MD, FACS
- Arul M. Chinnaiyan, MD, PhD
- Harrison Strickler
- Lazarex Foundation
- James C. Cusack Jr., MD
- Children’s Tumor Foundation
- Moireen and Aaron Ruotsala
- Chad Juros
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.