Frank Lewenberg, a self-employed attorney, turned his experience as a cancer patient into an electronic book entitled, Interesting Times: The Story of My Battle with Brain Cancer.
Four years ago, Frank was diagnosed with glioblastoma and received treatment at the Mass General Cancer Center from a group of clinicians he gratefully describes as his “medical dream team.” Overseeing his care were attending neurologist Fred Hochberg, MD, and Jay Loeffler, MD, chief of Radiation Oncology.
Frank distributes his book via email at no charge, but he invites readers to make a donation to a fund at Mass General that supports brain cancer research and patient care. So far, Frank has raised more than $15,000 for the Cancer Center through his inventive campaign.
Frank’s book is an asset to patients, their families and healthcare professionals in its positive, candid chronicle of his odyssey through diagnosis, treatment and recovery. Fortunately, in its concluding chapter, Frank is back to running and bicycling, enjoying time with his family and friends and living life to the fullest. But with an abiding commitment to helping others through their cancer ordeal, Frank is now also an author and fundraiser.
Celebrate the one hundred 2014Join Us on June 10
- Rhonda McGrail
- Julia Hincman-Francavilla, MS, RD, LDN, CSO
- Uniting Against Lung Cancer
- Karen J. Krag, MD
- Betty J. Borry Breast Cancer Retreats
- Linda J. Verville Cancer Research Foundation
- David J. Kuter, MD, Dphil
- Big Y
- Rose M. Watson
- Jason Maxwell
- Marla Serwin
- Dell, Inc.
- David E. Fisher, MD, PhD
- Lisa Gatti Whelan, RN, BSN
- Kathleen A. Stakes, RN, MS, CPON
- Anne Fallon
- Corey Jacobson
- Joshua Sommer
- Robert Howe
- Lori Grassette
- Bruce A. Chabner, MD
- John Murphy
- Philip Gosnell
- Gordon B. Zacks
- Kim Rock, Michael Jones and Tricia Ferguson – Institution for Savings
- Kevin Campbell
- Sandra Creamer, RN, OCN, NP, PhD
- Ann Murray Paige
- Pamela Manikas Washek
- Michelle Boutin, Karen Ingwersen, RN, and Michael Keamy