Gordon B. Zacks
Gordon Zacks, a distinguished business executive, brings devotion and passion to what matters most to him, particularly his country and his family.
Gordon has volunteered his time and expertise to help shape American global trade policy as an advisor to U.S. presidents and foreign heads of state, and has held numerous leadership posts in the Republican Party.
In October 2009, when Gordon’s wife, Carol, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, he brought her to Mass General for the best possible care. After surgery and adjuvant chemotherapy, Carol was able to enjoy life again with her loving family. Two years later, she was diagnosed with recurrent pancreatic cancer that had spread throughout her abdomen and returned to Mass General for care. Recognizing that her cancer was too advanced, she chose to focus on quality of life rather than pursuing aggressive therapy. Gordon dedicated himself to caring for Carol until her death late in 2011.
Gordon was grateful to the Mass General clinicians who treated Carol and wanted to help advance their research. He has made a generous gift to the Andrew L. Warshaw, MD, Institute for Pancreatic Cancer Research at Mass General to support studies with the potential to transform the treatment of pancreatic cancer.
- Jennifer Wargo, MD
Nominate someone you know who is making a difference in the fight against cancer!NOMINATE TODAY
- Chien-Chi Huang
- Central Maine Medical Center, Outpatient Medical Oncology/Infusion Center Nursing Staff
- Nicole Neville and Paige Shin
- Patricia M. LoRusso, DO
- The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, Hospital Outreach Program
- 2013 Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Youth Crew
- Dana-Farber / Harvard Cancer Center–Faith Based Cancer Disparities Network
- Carrie A. Quadrino
- William H. Park
- Betty Tang
- Nanci Newton
- Winter Vinecki
- Remy A. Stressenger
- Kevin S. Emerick, MD
- David L. Berger, MD
- Robert Stabile, RPh, BCOP
- Jordan Rich
- Shore Country Day Boys Basketball Team
- Susan Wornick
- The Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation
- Roberto DeJesus
- Donald P. Lawrence, MD
- Grace Cohen
- The Cardio-Oncology Program: Sanjeev Francis, MD, Marielle Scherrer-Crosbie MD, PhD, and Tomas Neilan, MD
- Patricia L. Nebus, RN
- Malvina and Ben Feinswog
- Valerie Harper
- Anthony H. Russell, MD
- Belinda and Henri Termeer
- Ryan’s Reindeer
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.