To quote Jason Phelps, “Cancer picked the wrong guy and I am bringing my friends. We’re coming for you cancer ….” A cancer survivor, Jason, with his wife Margot and their friends and family, have raised more than $90,000 for cancer and educated hundreds, possibly thousands, about the disease.
Jason uses all his resources to raise awareness about cancer and to promote the fight against the disease. At the bottom of every email he sends, he includes the message, “Cancer Sucks, Fight Back! We are here, we are fighting and we will win. We must have HOPE!” He uses his blog about food, wine and beer to talk about cancer. He has participated in the Relay for Life and in the annual Making Strides Against Cancer one-day event in three different locations. He volunteers to help organize, set up, clean up and host cancer events. He has raised more than $90,000 for the American Cancer Society and the Lance Armstrong Foundation, in addition to supporting other cancer-fighting organizations.
Jason is enthusiastic about his cause and this enthusiasm inspires others in the fight against cancer.
Celebrate the one hundred 2014Join Us on June 10
- Comprehensive Grammar School Kids Cancer Club
- James C. Cusack Jr., MD
- Ashley Bonner
- Vicki A. Jackson, MD, MPH
- Julia Hincman-Francavilla, MS, RD, LDN, CSO
- Barry Lipsett & Charles River Apparel
- Melissa Skolny, MSHA, Cynthia Miller; Lauren Jammallo; Jean O’Toole, PT, MPH; and Michelle Specht, MD, Mass General Lymphedema Screening Team
- Arul M. Chinnaiyan, MD, PhD
- Lisa Gatti Whelan, RN, BSN
- Pennies from Heaven
- Children’s Tumor Foundation
- Gordon B. Zacks
- Rhonda McGrail
- Tiffany Koolakian, RTT
- Dell, Inc.
- George R. Lillie, RN
- Betty J. Borry Breast Cancer Retreats
- Kathleen A. Stakes, RN, MS, CPON
- Richard L. Deming, MD
- Lori Grassette
- Jeanne Griffin Vaughn, NP
- Big Y
- Pamela Manikas Washek
- Kathleen Lopez, RN
- Nancy and Richard Kelleher
- Bruce A. Chabner, MD
- Julian Adams, PhD
- Michelle Boutin, Karen Ingwersen, RN, and Michael Keamy
- Teagan Stedman
- Moireen and Aaron Ruotsala
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.