Kathy Quinn, RN, BSN, OCN
Cancer Care Provider
Kathy Quinn, RN, BSN, OCN, is the gynecology-oncology nurse navigator at Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover, NH, an acute care hospital serving the coastal communities of New Hampshire and Southern Maine.
Kathy assists in running the entire program. A partial list of her all-encompassing job description includes scheduling patients and surgeries, following up on test results, seeing patients for wound or catheter checks and taking calls. A few times a month, I join her on-site from Mass General. Otherwise, she runs the program on her own.
Fortunately, Kathy cares deeply about her patients. She routinely goes above and beyond to provide them with the best possible care experience. On the days I join her, she schedules appointments to 7:00 pm even though all of her colleagues have left for the day.
Kathy provides extraordinary care. She has driven patients across town so they would not miss a train, taken patients who would otherwise be alone out to dinner on birthdays, visited those on hospice care in their homes and frequently comforted a distraught partner or family member whose loved one is dying in the hospital.
Patients and their families know that Kathy is the go-to person for anything they need. She combines warmth, a ready smile and a sense of humor with tremendous clinical skills. Kathy is our hero.
- John Schorge, MD, Chief, Vincent Gynecologic Oncologic Division, Massachusetts General Hospital
Celebrate the one hundred 2014Join Us on June 10
- David E. Fisher, MD, PhD
- Lisa Gatti Whelan, RN, BSN
- Children’s Tumor Foundation
- Dorothy Binford
- Phyllis McNally
- Michelle Boutin, Karen Ingwersen, RN, and Michael Keamy
- Farrah Fawcett and the Farrah Fawcett Foundation
- Ashley Bonner
- Steve Beauville
- Ann Murray Paige
- Robert Howe
- George R. Lillie, RN
- Mary Philopoulos
- Kim Rock, Michael Jones and Tricia Ferguson – Institution for Savings
- Rhonda McGrail
- James E. Bradner, MD
- Kathy Quinn, RN, BSN, OCN
- Edwin K. Lamport
- Mara G. Bloom, JD
- Yi-Bin A. Chen, MD
- Tristan’s Gift of Hope Foundation
- Evangelos S. Gragoudas, MD
- Pamela Manikas Washek
- Julian Adams, PhD
- Gordon B. Zacks
- Donna Karan and the Urban Zen Foundation
- Corey Jacobson
- Julia Hincman-Francavilla, MS, RD, LDN, CSO
- Friends of Jaclyn
- Joshua Sommer
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.