Kenneth K. Tanabe, MD
Chief, Division of Surgical Oncology and Deputy Clinical Director, Mass General Cancer Center
Surgical oncologist Kenneth Tanabe, MD, is combating melanoma as both a pioneering researcher and a compassionate clinician.
Dr. Tanabe heads the Division of Surgical Oncology at the Mass General Cancer Center and leads clinical programs focused on the surgical treatment for hepatobiliary cancer and malignant melanoma.
“Dr. Tanabe has built a passionate, kind and brilliant team who accomplish miracles on behalf of their patients,” writes Leslie Schlesinger. “I know, because I’m one of his patients.”
Under Dr. Tanabe’s care for advanced melanoma, Leslie has come to know many members of his team, including surgeons, scientists, nurses, physician assistants and therapeutic touch practitioners.
“Dr. Tanabe is a graceful leader who inspires the best in others,” Leslie continues. “He brings together people of diverse talents who share his passion to provide each patient with the most positive outcome. I’m still working full time and skiing with stage IV melanoma. I am grateful to the many people at Mass General who have helped me with their brilliant minds and big hearts.”
Celebrate the one hundred 2014Join Us on June 10
- Andrea Paciello
- Rose M. Watson
- Lazarex Foundation
- James E. Bradner, MD
- David E. Fisher, MD, PhD
- Brian N. Napolitano
- Tina Capodilupo Journeay
- Ann Murray Paige
- George R. Lillie, RN
- Pennies from Heaven
- Bruce A. Chabner, MD
- David J. Kuter, MD, Dphil
- Rhonda McGrail
- Melissa Skolny, MSHA, Cynthia Miller; Lauren Jammallo; Jean O’Toole, PT, MPH; and Michelle Specht, MD, Mass General Lymphedema Screening Team
- Children’s Tumor Foundation
- Douglas J. Mathisen, MD
- Dell, Inc.
- Kim Rock, Michael Jones and Tricia Ferguson – Institution for Savings
- Anne Fallon
- The Center for Cancer Risk Assessment Genetic Counselors at Mass General
- Nancy Lee Harris, MD
- Phyllis McNally
- John Murphy
- Mara G. Bloom, JD
- Sue de Vries Cancer Foundation
- Kathy Quinn, RN, BSN, OCN
- Marla Serwin
- Jay S. Loeffler, MD, FACR, FASTRO
- Nancy and Richard Kelleher
- Estelle Sugarman
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.