Lisa Gatti Whelan, RN, BSN
Resource Nurse, Mass General-North Shore Cancer Center
As a resource nurse in radiation oncology at the Mass General-North Shore Cancer Center, Lisa Gatti Whelan, RN, BSN, not only provides care to cancer patients, but also leads her nursing team and helps to develop new standards of care.
Lisa has worked as an oncology nurse for more than 30 years. She never fails to give her all to her patients. Her work as a nurse is outstanding and her attention to detail is extraordinary. When it comes to the well-being of her patients, Lisa leaves nothing to chance.
In collaboration with other staff members, Lisa has solved problems that yielded evidence-based solutions to patient care issues. As a member of an interdisciplinary team, Lisa helped to develop a special support group for patients with head and neck cancers.
Lisa also contributes vigorously to community outreach on behalf of the Cancer Center.
Help us honor the 2014 one hundredNominate Your Cancer Hero
- Michelle Boutin, Karen Ingwersen, RN, and Michael Keamy
- Tina Capodilupo Journeay
- Tyler Jacks, PhD
- Lori Grassette
- Teagan Stedman
- George R. Lillie, RN
- Joel H. Schwartz, MD, FACP
- Lisa Gatti Whelan, RN, BSN
- St. Mary’s High School Baseball Team
- Mara G. Bloom, JD
- Nicole McNerney
- The Center for Cancer Risk Assessment Genetic Counselors at Mass General
- Betty J. Borry Breast Cancer Retreats
- Tristan’s Gift of Hope Foundation
- Arul M. Chinnaiyan, MD, PhD
- Steve Beauville
- Kevin Campbell
- Stephanie Quinn, MSW, LICSW
- Kathleen A. Stakes, RN, MS, CPON
- Cristina R. Ferrone, MD
- Evangelos S. Gragoudas, MD
- Nancy Lee Harris, MD
- Children’s Tumor Foundation
- Linda J. Verville Cancer Research Foundation
- Sue de Vries Cancer Foundation
- Amy S. Colwell, MD, FACS
- Mary Philopoulos
- Kathy Giusti
- Sandra Creamer, RN, OCN, NP, PhD
- Donna Karan and the Urban Zen Foundation
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer.
There is strength in numbers and Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center proves this each year. the one hundred is the Cancer Center’s annual fundraiser, honoring 100 individuals and groups whose diligence and discoveries, philanthropy and passion have helped advance the fight against cancer. Funds raised at the gala support research, patient care, education and community outreach programs. Meet the Honorees.