Lisa Gatti Whelan, RN, BSN
Resource Nurse, Mass General-North Shore Cancer Center
As a resource nurse in radiation oncology at the Mass General-North Shore Cancer Center, Lisa Gatti Whelan, RN, BSN, not only provides care to cancer patients, but also leads her nursing team and helps to develop new standards of care.
Lisa has worked as an oncology nurse for more than 30 years. She never fails to give her all to her patients. Her work as a nurse is outstanding and her attention to detail is extraordinary. When it comes to the well-being of her patients, Lisa leaves nothing to chance.
In collaboration with other staff members, Lisa has solved problems that yielded evidence-based solutions to patient care issues. As a member of an interdisciplinary team, Lisa helped to develop a special support group for patients with head and neck cancers.
Lisa also contributes vigorously to community outreach on behalf of the Cancer Center.
Nominate someone you know who is making a difference in the fight against cancer!NOMINATE TODAY
- Gaddy A. Getz, PhD
- Nagahiro Saijo, MD, PhD
- Patricia L. Nebus, RN
- Central Maine Medical Center, Outpatient Medical Oncology/Infusion Center Nursing Staff
- Martha Keochareon
- 2013 Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Youth Crew
- Ellen M. Fitzgerald, RN
- The Cardio-Oncology Program: Sanjeev Francis, MD, Marielle Scherrer-Crosbie MD, PhD, and Tomas Neilan, MD
- Lorraine A. Sacco
- Richard A. Hodin, MD
- Angels Above
- David L. Berger, MD
- Sarah, Gail and Christopher Doktor
- LUNGevity Foundation
- The Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation
- Shelia O’Donoghue, RN, OCN
- Carol Sullivan
- Ryan’s Reindeer
- Christina Kim, NP
- Team Collette-Black Rose
- Valerie Harper
- Margaret B. Pulsifer, PhD
- Dana-Farber / Harvard Cancer Center–Faith Based Cancer Disparities Network
- The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, Hospital Outreach Program
- Peter J. Biggs, PhD
- E. John Opolski, RN
- Patricia Nolf
- Dancing With The Teachers
- Remy A. Stressenger
- Nanci Newton
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.