Mara G. Bloom, JD
Since 2009, Mara Bloom, JD, has been executive director of the Mass General Cancer Center. Mara brings passion, energy and vision to this position, as well as a commitment to keeping one of the world’s great cancer centers in the global vanguard of cancer care and research.
Mara oversees clinical and research operations at all Cancer Center facilities, including the main campus and all satellite and affiliate sites. Working closely with leadership across the myriad research and clinical disease centers and programs of the Cancer Center, Mara is guiding development of its strategic direction.
An attorney by training, Mara came to discover that health care was her calling as director of oncology services at New York-Presbyterian Hospital.
Fitting about 50 meetings into a typical 60-hour work week, Mara inspires and engages colleagues throughout the Cancer Center who share her desire to bring its front-line caregivers, researchers and staff the resources they need to continue providing the best patient experience and highest quality of care.
Building upon the Cancer Center’s unique assets — including a multidisciplinary model that incorporates the latest therapies and technologies and a collaborative culture among physicians and scientists — Mara is helping her colleagues evolve Cancer Center operations to advance next-generation paradigms of cancer care.
Celebrate the one hundred 2014Join Us on June 10
- Ashley Bonner
- Uniting Against Lung Cancer
- Mara G. Bloom, JD
- Jason Maxwell
- Linda J. Verville Cancer Research Foundation
- Brian N. Napolitano
- Tina Capodilupo Journeay
- Lisa Gatti Whelan, RN, BSN
- Comprehensive Grammar School Kids Cancer Club
- Patricia A. Kent, MS, RN, CPNP
- Douglas J. Mathisen, MD
- Mary F. Fay, RN, BSN, OCN
- Arul M. Chinnaiyan, MD, PhD
- Pamela Manikas Washek
- Michelle Boutin, Karen Ingwersen, RN, and Michael Keamy
- Sandra Creamer, RN, OCN, NP, PhD
- Ann H. Partridge, MD, MPH
- Jeff Warren
- Julia Hincman-Francavilla, MS, RD, LDN, CSO
- James C. Cusack Jr., MD
- Mary Philopoulos
- James E. Bradner, MD
- Phyllis McNally
- Richard L. Deming, MD
- Joshua Sommer
- Tristan’s Gift of Hope Foundation
- Big Y
- Dorothy Binford
- Jennifer E. D’Alotto, MSW, LCSW
- Kathy Giusti