Mara G. Bloom, JD
Since 2009, Mara Bloom, JD, has been executive director of the Mass General Cancer Center. Mara brings passion, energy and vision to this position, as well as a commitment to keeping one of the world’s great cancer centers in the global vanguard of cancer care and research.
Mara oversees clinical and research operations at all Cancer Center facilities, including the main campus and all satellite and affiliate sites. Working closely with leadership across the myriad research and clinical disease centers and programs of the Cancer Center, Mara is guiding development of its strategic direction.
An attorney by training, Mara came to discover that health care was her calling as director of oncology services at New York-Presbyterian Hospital.
Fitting about 50 meetings into a typical 60-hour work week, Mara inspires and engages colleagues throughout the Cancer Center who share her desire to bring its front-line caregivers, researchers and staff the resources they need to continue providing the best patient experience and highest quality of care.
Building upon the Cancer Center’s unique assets — including a multidisciplinary model that incorporates the latest therapies and technologies and a collaborative culture among physicians and scientists — Mara is helping her colleagues evolve Cancer Center operations to advance next-generation paradigms of cancer care.
Nominate someone you know who is making a difference in the fight against cancer!NOMINATE TODAY
- Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition
- David W. Rattner, MD
- Ryan’s Reindeer
- Dancing With The Teachers
- Betty Tang
- BOTSwana Oncology Global Outreach (BOTSOGO)
- Keisha Cobb
- William F. Pirl, MD, MPH
- Central Maine Medical Center, Outpatient Medical Oncology/Infusion Center Nursing Staff
- Robert Stabile, RPh, BCOP
- Zach Sobiech Osteosarcoma Fund
- Christine Connolly
- Valerie Harper
- Karen M. Winkfield, MD, PhD
- 2013 Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Youth Crew
- Rosemarie Murphy
- Jordan Rich
- Kolleen M. Taylor
- Gaddy A. Getz, PhD
- Think Fit For Kids
- Wolfram Goessling, MD, PhD
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital Radiation Oncology Treatment Team
- Charles L. Sawyers, MD
- Dan Dewey
- Malvina and Ben Feinswog
- Angels Above
- Patricia Nolf
- Belinda and Henri Termeer
- Nicole Neville and Paige Shin
- Shore Country Day Boys Basketball Team
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.