Mary S. Huang, MD
Pediatric Hematology Oncologist
Since being recruited to the MassGeneral Hospital for Children Hematology/Oncology Unit in 2000, Mary Huang, MD, has demonstrated a thoughtful intellect, compassionate concern for her patients and their families, and remarkable leadership abilities.
Dr. Huang thinks independently and approaches problems head on. Her patients and their families respect her and appreciate her skills, knowledge and deep sense of caring. While always upbeat, she also is realistic and will research all options when trying to help a young patient.
Several years ago, Dr. Huang established a long-term survivor program for the Pediatric/Oncology Unit. Within a few years, this long-term survivor clinic became a model for how to provide multidisciplinary care to children and young adults dealing with the complex needs that follow cancer treatment during childhood. She recruited staff and recently obtained funding for the program.
Dr. Huang also is a respected teacher and receives much praise from residents for her thoughtful teaching and presentations.
Celebrate the one hundred 2014Join Us on June 10
- Brian N. Napolitano
- Ann H. Partridge, MD, MPH
- Linda J. Verville Cancer Research Foundation
- Karen J. Krag, MD
- Cristina R. Ferrone, MD
- Lazarex Foundation
- Sailing Heals
- Kathleen A. Stakes, RN, MS, CPON
- Farrah Fawcett and the Farrah Fawcett Foundation
- Dell, Inc.
- St. Mary’s High School Baseball Team
- Comprehensive Grammar School Kids Cancer Club
- Anne Fallon
- Moireen and Aaron Ruotsala
- Amy S. Colwell, MD, FACS
- Eileen McGuirk’s Flash Mob
- Kevin Campbell
- Phyllis McNally
- Nicole McNerney
- Chad Juros
- Jason Maxwell
- Steve Beauville
- Julia Hincman-Francavilla, MS, RD, LDN, CSO
- Mary F. Fay, RN, BSN, OCN
- Betty J. Borry Breast Cancer Retreats
- Shiv Pillai, MD, PhD
- Jennifer E. D’Alotto, MSW, LCSW
- Lisa Gatti Whelan, RN, BSN
- Robert Howe
- Sue de Vries Cancer Foundation