Mary S. Huang, MD
Pediatric Hematology Oncologist
Since being recruited to the MassGeneral Hospital for Children Hematology/Oncology Unit in 2000, Mary Huang, MD, has demonstrated a thoughtful intellect, compassionate concern for her patients and their families, and remarkable leadership abilities.
Dr. Huang thinks independently and approaches problems head on. Her patients and their families respect her and appreciate her skills, knowledge and deep sense of caring. While always upbeat, she also is realistic and will research all options when trying to help a young patient.
Several years ago, Dr. Huang established a long-term survivor program for the Pediatric/Oncology Unit. Within a few years, this long-term survivor clinic became a model for how to provide multidisciplinary care to children and young adults dealing with the complex needs that follow cancer treatment during childhood. She recruited staff and recently obtained funding for the program.
Dr. Huang also is a respected teacher and receives much praise from residents for her thoughtful teaching and presentations.
Nominate someone you know who is making a difference in the fight against cancer!NOMINATE TODAY
- Dancing With The Teachers
- Central Maine Medical Center, Outpatient Medical Oncology/Infusion Center Nursing Staff
- The Melanoma Research Alliance
- Rosemarie Murphy
- Nicole Neville and Paige Shin
- Team Collette-Black Rose
- Keisha Cobb
- Amir T. Fathi, MD
- The Cardio-Oncology Program: Sanjeev Francis, MD, Marielle Scherrer-Crosbie MD, PhD, and Tomas Neilan, MD
- Giovanni’s Gladiators
- Gaddy A. Getz, PhD
- Henning A. Gaissert, MD
- Patricia M. LoRusso, DO
- David N. Louis, MD
- E. John Opolski, RN
- Lorraine A. Sacco
- Martha Keochareon
- William H. Park
- Chien-Chi Huang
- Robert Stabile, RPh, BCOP
- William F. Pirl, MD, MPH
- The Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation
- Think Fit For Kids
- Robert C. Lufkin, DO
- Margaret B. Pulsifer, PhD
- Jim Coghlin Sr. and 15-40 Connection
- Carol Sullivan
- Zach Sobiech Osteosarcoma Fund
- Christina Kim, NP
- Rochelle Shoretz
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.