Noreen Murphy, RN
Nurse, Mass General/North Shore Cancer Center
With her passion to provide patients with the best of care, Noreen Murphy, RN, quickly earned the respect of her colleagues at the Mass General/North Shore Cancer Center.
“From the first, Noreen’s knowledge, skills, meticulous nature and eager mind impressed me,” writes Chief Pharmacist Antoinette Lavino, RPh, BCOP. “As I got to know her, I came to marvel at her devotion and profound compassion for patients and their families.
“Oncology is an ever-changing discipline, and Noreen continues to educate herself and seek out learning opportunities. She offers a kind ear to families when they are confused or just need to talk and stands by patients in their final days, often visiting them at home or the Kaplan Hospice House.
“Noreen demands perfection on behalf of her patients, a standard that is difficult to maintain due to the volume and time restraints of modern medicine. Yet she strives to give her utmost, believing in the importance of getting to know each patient, listening and genuinely caring.
“Noreen is my co-worker and friend. If I ever were to need care, I would want her as my nurse.”
Celebrate the one hundred 2014Join Us on June 10
- Kailie Laflamme, LICSW
- Andrea Paciello
- Lisa Gatti Whelan, RN, BSN
- Nancy Lee Harris, MD
- James E. Bradner, MD
- Mara G. Bloom, JD
- Bruce A. Chabner, MD
- Jennifer E. D’Alotto, MSW, LCSW
- Pennies from Heaven
- Sue de Vries Cancer Foundation
- Stephanie Quinn, MSW, LICSW
- Rhonda McGrail
- Uniting Against Lung Cancer
- Harrison Strickler
- Donna Karan and the Urban Zen Foundation
- Estelle Sugarman
- Pamela Manikas Washek
- Nancy and Richard Kelleher
- The Center for Cancer Risk Assessment Genetic Counselors at Mass General
- Sailing Heals
- Barry Lipsett & Charles River Apparel
- Steve Beauville
- Jeff Warren
- Mary F. Fay, RN, BSN, OCN
- Anne Fallon
- Dorothy Binford
- Jeanne Griffin Vaughn, NP
- Corey Jacobson
- Kim Rock, Michael Jones and Tricia Ferguson – Institution for Savings
- Kate Murphy
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.