Pennies from Heaven
In 2001, Jon and Joni Perry founded the Pennies from Heaven-Keeping Families Together Fund to help parents in financial need remain at the bedside of their sick children during long hospital stays.
When their toddler, Trevor, was admitted to Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh to receive treatment for acute lymphocytic leukemia, the couple was saddened to see that many young patients endured long hours alone in the hospital because their parents could not afford to take time off from work.
After Trevor was discharged and back home with his parents, memories of those lonely children and their anguished parents moved Jon and Joni to create this fund.
With the help of their volunteer board of friends, they have raised nearly $2 million and assisted more than 30,000 families. All of the money generated through their events, such as an annual Oktoberfest, goes directly to the fund.
Assisting parents with the cost of transportation, food, sibling care or other expenses, Pennies from Heaven helps kids and their loved ones stay together at a time when they need each other most.
Celebrate the one hundred 2014Join Us on June 10
- David E. Fisher, MD, PhD
- Ann Murray Paige
- Sandra Creamer, RN, OCN, NP, PhD
- Ashley Bonner
- Marla Serwin
- Anne Fallon
- Jeanne Griffin Vaughn, NP
- Donna Karan and the Urban Zen Foundation
- Steve Beauville
- Kathleen Lopez, RN
- Michelle Boutin, Karen Ingwersen, RN, and Michael Keamy
- Kim Rock, Michael Jones and Tricia Ferguson – Institution for Savings
- Tina Capodilupo Journeay
- Philip Gosnell
- Mara G. Bloom, JD
- Eileen McGuirk’s Flash Mob
- Julia Hincman-Francavilla, MS, RD, LDN, CSO
- James E. Bradner, MD
- Corey Jacobson
- Pamela Manikas Washek
- Kevin S. Oh, MD
- Stephanie Quinn, MSW, LICSW
- Chad Juros
- Kate Murphy
- Kathy Quinn, RN, BSN, OCN
- Patricia A. Kent, MS, RN, CPNP
- Phyllis McNally
- Gordon B. Zacks
- Kathleen A. Stakes, RN, MS, CPON
- Farrah Fawcett and the Farrah Fawcett Foundation