Rachel P. Rosovsky, MD
Medical Oncologist, Center for Hematology
For 11 years, New Hampshire high school teacher Michelle Cadorette has been undergoing weekly treatments for stage IV malignant thymoma at Mass General. Michelle and her loved ones regard all of her Mass General caregivers as extended family.
In 2009, when Michelle’s energy and red blood count dropped to an alarmingly low count, her Mass General family gained a new member — hematological oncologist Rachel Rosovsky, MD. Diagnosing Michelle with pure red cell aplasia, Dr. Rosovsky saw her through months of blood transfusions and related treatments.
While guiding Michelle’s medical regimen with vigilance and resourcefulness, Dr. Rosovsky has also provided Michelle with devoted personal care. She constantly communicates with her by phone and email offering encouragement, advice and news of tests and treatment options. On vacation in Israel, she read Michelle’s handwritten intentions aloud at the Wailing Wall before depositing them there.
Gay Longnecker, assistant principal at Michelle’s school, says, “Dr. Rosovsky takes good care of my friend Michelle. They manage this disease together. Dr. Rosovsky is steadfast, truthful and even humorous. She is ever-present in Michelle’s life and the benefit of that is immeasurable.”
Celebrate the one hundred 2014Join Us on June 10
- Ellen Sigal, PhD
- Farrah Fawcett and the Farrah Fawcett Foundation
- Dell, Inc.
- Melissa Skolny, MSHA, Cynthia Miller; Lauren Jammallo; Jean O’Toole, PT, MPH; and Michelle Specht, MD, Mass General Lymphedema Screening Team
- Breast Intentions, Massachusetts Chapter
- Teagan Stedman
- Yi-Bin A. Chen, MD
- Linda J. Verville Cancer Research Foundation
- Moireen and Aaron Ruotsala
- Rose M. Watson
- Barry Lipsett & Charles River Apparel
- Jeff Warren
- Kate Murphy
- Lazarex Foundation
- Yovanny Fana
- Children’s Tumor Foundation
- Pamela Manikas Washek
- Comprehensive Grammar School Kids Cancer Club
- John Murphy
- St. Mary’s High School Baseball Team
- Philip Gosnell
- Sue de Vries Cancer Foundation
- Friends of Jaclyn
- James C. Cusack Jr., MD
- Tyler Jacks, PhD
- Chad Juros
- Robert Howe
- Lisa Gatti Whelan, RN, BSN
- Tristan’s Gift of Hope Foundation
- The Center for Cancer Risk Assessment Genetic Counselors at Mass General
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.