Richard Kronish, PhD
Founder, Charitable Foundation
Richard Kronish, PhD, (pictured right with Mark Erlich of New England Regional Council of Carpenters) is an accomplished professional and a civic leader. He also is a committed philanthropist for ovarian cancer research.
In June 2002, Richard’s wife Judy lost her battle with ovarian cancer. Since her passing, Richard founded the Research Foundation for the Treatment of Ovarian Cancer, with the goal of funding novel ovarian cancer research. The foundation has distributed more than $400,000 to ovarian cancer researchers since its inception in 2002. Richard made this remarkable philanthropic accomplishment possible by aligning his professional network, including the New England Regional Council of Carpenters and the First Trade Union Bank, to join the cause. The council’s annual golf tournament, dedicated to raising funds to support the foundation, is a notable example.
While the foundation’s support is extraordinary, what is most compelling is Richard’s willingness to learn about ovarian cancer research and help those who have been touched by the disease.
Celebrate the one hundred 2014Join Us on June 10
- Robert Howe
- Edwin K. Lamport
- David E. Fisher, MD, PhD
- Joel H. Schwartz, MD, FACP
- Barry Lipsett & Charles River Apparel
- Comprehensive Grammar School Kids Cancer Club
- Jason Maxwell
- Jay S. Loeffler, MD, FACR, FASTRO
- Anne Fallon
- Mara G. Bloom, JD
- David J. Kuter, MD, Dphil
- Lori Wirth
- Richard L. Deming, MD
- Jeff Warren
- Ann Murray Paige
- Linda J. Verville Cancer Research Foundation
- Kailie Laflamme, LICSW
- Julia Hincman-Francavilla, MS, RD, LDN, CSO
- James C. Cusack Jr., MD
- George R. Lillie, RN
- Arul M. Chinnaiyan, MD, PhD
- Sue de Vries Cancer Foundation
- Kathy Giusti
- Melissa Skolny, MSHA, Cynthia Miller; Lauren Jammallo; Jean O’Toole, PT, MPH; and Michelle Specht, MD, Mass General Lymphedema Screening Team
- Kate Murphy
- Jennifer E. D’Alotto, MSW, LCSW
- Dell, Inc.
- Kathy Quinn, RN, BSN, OCN
- Karen J. Krag, MD
- Kathleen A. Stakes, RN, MS, CPON
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.