Rosanne Karp, RN
Case Manager, Phillips House 21
Rosanne Karp, RN, CM, ACM, is case manager for Phillips House 21 the inpatient gynecologic oncology unit at the Mass General Cancer Center. Rosanne is thoughtful, skillful and knowledgeable as she facilitates the care and discharge planning of each patient.
She guides the clinical care team in integrating hospital care within the patient’s total trajectory of treatment. Her collaborative approach engages the team in developing a treatment plan that will help each woman recover and regain quality of life as soon as possible.
Rosanne understands the difficult challenges that confront women with gynecologic cancers. She identifies and attends to the crucial details that may affect each woman’s ability to make the complex life adjustments associated with her disease. Rosanne always seems to know just what combination of support and resources will help the patient move closer to recovery.
“Rosanne elevates the practice of everyone on our gynecologic oncology treatment team — physicians, nurses and other health professionals,” writes Elizabeth Johnson, RN, the unit’s clinical nurse specialist. “She inspires me daily to strive for best practice and shows me how I can enhance my own knowledge and skills.”
Celebrate the one hundred 2014Join Us on June 10
- Betty J. Borry Breast Cancer Retreats
- Jeanne Griffin Vaughn, NP
- Lisa Gatti Whelan, RN, BSN
- Kevin S. Oh, MD
- Melissa Skolny, MSHA, Cynthia Miller; Lauren Jammallo; Jean O’Toole, PT, MPH; and Michelle Specht, MD, Mass General Lymphedema Screening Team
- Barry Lipsett & Charles River Apparel
- Shiv Pillai, MD, PhD
- Don Francis, RN, BSN
- Ann H. Partridge, MD, MPH
- Lazarex Foundation
- Yovanny Fana
- Mary Philopoulos
- Philip Gosnell
- Patricia A. Kent, MS, RN, CPNP
- John Murphy
- James E. Bradner, MD
- The Center for Cancer Risk Assessment Genetic Counselors at Mass General
- Rose M. Watson
- Bruce A. Chabner, MD
- Moireen and Aaron Ruotsala
- Kim Rock, Michael Jones and Tricia Ferguson – Institution for Savings
- Teagan Stedman
- Tiffany Koolakian, RTT
- Kathy Giusti
- Lori Grassette
- Joel H. Schwartz, MD, FACP
- Cristina R. Ferrone, MD
- Kathleen A. Stakes, RN, MS, CPON
- Ann Murray Paige
- Dell, Inc.
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.