Scott W. Griffith
In 1997, at age 38, Scott Griffith was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma. He had already lost his beloved sister to cancer. Given his family history, Scott was understandably frightened. Nevertheless, he successfully fought the disease with unfaltering courage, dignity and strength. Additionally, he went on to take a leadership role in the fight against cancer.
Scott received his care at the Mass General Cancer Center and appreciated the extraordinary care and support he received from his Mass General team. The team not only saved his life, but also gave him the gifts of hope and inspiration. From this arose a passion to help others. When Scott was asked to join the Mass General Cancer Center Leadership Council, he welcomed this opportunity to exercise his business expertise in raising awareness of and financial support for cancer research.
Scott is chairman and CEO of Zipcar, the world’s largest car-sharing organization. In 2007, he formed Team Zipcar to support the bike-a-thon Pan-Mass Challenge, which raises money for cancer research and treatment. As a team rider and sponsor, Scott has helped raise hundreds of thousands of dollars in support of this worthwhile cause.
Most recently, Scott formed a talented team of volunteers who launched a new fundraiser to benefit the Mass General Cancer Center. Called A Cappella Palooza, the unique event attracted over 3,000 attendees to see performers from NBC’s The Sing Off in Boston and raised $200,000 in its inaugural year.
Nominate someone you know who is making a difference in the fight against cancer!NOMINATE TODAY
- David S. Rosenthal, MD
- Central Maine Medical Center, Outpatient Medical Oncology/Infusion Center Nursing Staff
- Stephen A. Scullen
- Frederick (Fritz) C. Koerner, MD
- Christina Kim, NP
- Donald P. Lawrence, MD
- Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition
- Pamela L. Trefler
- The Cardio-Oncology Program: Sanjeev Francis, MD, Marielle Scherrer-Crosbie MD, PhD, and Tomas Neilan, MD
- Alice B. Hatch
- The Melanoma Research Alliance
- Angels Above
- Grace Cohen
- Ronald (Tak) W. Takvorian, MD
- The Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation
- Ryan’s Reindeer
- Giovanni’s Gladiators
- Marlyn Salazar, BS, RTT
- Wolfram Goessling, MD, PhD
- Granara-Skerry Trust
- 2013 Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Youth Crew
- Winter Vinecki
- Patricia M. LoRusso, DO
- LUNGevity Foundation
- Patricia L. Nebus, RN
- Kevin S. Emerick, MD
- Jeff Guyer Family and Friends
- Karen M. Winkfield, MD, PhD
- Nicole Neville and Paige Shin
- Amir T. Fathi, MD
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.