Stephanie Quinn, MSW, LICSW
Oncology Clinical Social Worker
Every day, clinical social worker Stephanie Quinn, MSW, LICSW, goes above and beyond to meet the needs of our patients and families in the Inpatient Medical Oncology Unit of the Mass General Cancer Center.
One patient, a 24-year-old man diagnosed with cancer when he was a senior at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), longed to see his parents, who lived in China. Stephanie helped them arrange visas and housing and supported the family throughout his long stay in our inpatient unit.
WPI was planning to honor the young man’s academic achievements; but Stephanie recognized the urgency of his health situation. After a battery of calls and letters, she arranged a memorable event for the family. The dean of WPI visited the patient and his parents and presented them with his diploma. The patient died less than 12 hours later. His parents were deeply grateful for this honor to their only child.
- Barbara Cashavelly, RN, MSN, Nurse Director, Inpatient Medical Oncology Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital
Celebrate the one hundred 2014Join Us on June 10
- Karen J. Krag, MD
- Pennies from Heaven
- Michelle Boutin, Karen Ingwersen, RN, and Michael Keamy
- Children’s Tumor Foundation
- St. Mary’s High School Baseball Team
- Comprehensive Grammar School Kids Cancer Club
- Dell, Inc.
- Friends of Jaclyn
- Joshua Sommer
- Kathy Quinn, RN, BSN, OCN
- Uniting Against Lung Cancer
- Kailie Laflamme, LICSW
- Kevin S. Oh, MD
- Richard L. Deming, MD
- Sue de Vries Cancer Foundation
- Philip Gosnell
- Tyler Jacks, PhD
- Rose M. Watson
- Robert Howe
- Betty J. Borry Breast Cancer Retreats
- Jeff Warren
- David J. Kuter, MD, Dphil
- Cristina R. Ferrone, MD
- James C. Cusack Jr., MD
- Linda J. Verville Cancer Research Foundation
- Jennifer E. D’Alotto, MSW, LCSW
- David E. Fisher, MD, PhD
- Marla Serwin
- The Center for Cancer Risk Assessment Genetic Counselors at Mass General
- Mara G. Bloom, JD
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.