Tim Cummings, MSW, LICSW
Tim Cummings, MSW, LICSW, program director of Cancer Support Community Massachusetts, has time and again demonstrated his deep commitment to supporting patients and their caregivers.
A cancer survivor himself, he has devoted 20 years to helping patients and their loved ones cope with the medical and lifestyle adjustments of a cancer diagnosis.
Four years ago, when the Wellness Community, a nonprofit serving people who have been diagnosed with cancer, closed its doors, Tim worked long hours to maintain client services. His office, an affiliate, sought the means to remain in operation. Today, his organization, Wellness Community South Shore, has new quarters and continues to offer its expert services free of charge as an affiliate of Cancer Support Community, a global network of service providers.
As program director, Tim strives to continually enhance and expand services in response to the evolving needs of patients and families. He recently started a men’s support group, a weekend retreat for couples and contributed to the development of a program sponsored by the Friends of Mel Foundation designed to empower patients as they adapt to a life-changing diagnosis.
Help us honor the 2014 one hundredNominate Your Cancer Hero
- The Center for Cancer Risk Assessment Genetic Counselors at Mass General
- David J. Kuter, MD, Dphil
- Melissa Skolny, MSHA, Cynthia Miller; Lauren Jammallo; Jean O’Toole, PT, MPH; and Michelle Specht, MD, Mass General Lymphedema Screening Team
- Pennies from Heaven
- Julia Hincman-Francavilla, MS, RD, LDN, CSO
- Kevin S. Oh, MD
- Sandra Creamer, RN, OCN, NP, PhD
- Arul M. Chinnaiyan, MD, PhD
- Tristan’s Gift of Hope Foundation
- Lori Grassette
- Teagan Stedman
- Steve Beauville
- Tina Capodilupo Journeay
- Dell, Inc.
- Linda J. Verville Cancer Research Foundation
- Kathy Giusti
- Jay S. Loeffler, MD, FACR, FASTRO
- Robert Howe
- Julian Adams, PhD
- St. Mary’s High School Baseball Team
- David E. Fisher, MD, PhD
- Lisa Gatti Whelan, RN, BSN
- Tim Cummings, MSW, LICSW
- Children’s Tumor Foundation
- Tiffany Koolakian, RTT
- Tyler Jacks, PhD
- Marla Serwin
- Jason Maxwell
- Bruce A. Chabner, MD
- Chad Juros
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer.
There is strength in numbers and Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center proves this each year. the one hundred is the Cancer Center’s annual fundraiser, honoring 100 individuals and groups whose diligence and discoveries, philanthropy and passion have helped advance the fight against cancer. Funds raised at the gala support research, patient care, education and community outreach programs. Meet the Honorees.