Tim Cummings, MSW, LICSW
Tim Cummings, MSW, LICSW, program director of Cancer Support Community Massachusetts, has time and again demonstrated his deep commitment to supporting patients and their caregivers.
A cancer survivor himself, he has devoted 20 years to helping patients and their loved ones cope with the medical and lifestyle adjustments of a cancer diagnosis.
Four years ago, when the Wellness Community, a nonprofit serving people who have been diagnosed with cancer, closed its doors, Tim worked long hours to maintain client services. His office, an affiliate, sought the means to remain in operation. Today, his organization, Wellness Community South Shore, has new quarters and continues to offer its expert services free of charge as an affiliate of Cancer Support Community, a global network of service providers.
As program director, Tim strives to continually enhance and expand services in response to the evolving needs of patients and families. He recently started a men’s support group, a weekend retreat for couples and contributed to the development of a program sponsored by the Friends of Mel Foundation designed to empower patients as they adapt to a life-changing diagnosis.
Celebrate the one hundred 2014Join Us on June 10
- Comprehensive Grammar School Kids Cancer Club
- Vicki A. Jackson, MD, MPH
- Big Y
- Jeff Warren
- Sue de Vries Cancer Foundation
- Brian N. Napolitano
- Jeanne Griffin Vaughn, NP
- Sandra Creamer, RN, OCN, NP, PhD
- Donna Karan and the Urban Zen Foundation
- Yi-Bin A. Chen, MD
- Kathleen Lopez, RN
- David J. Kuter, MD, Dphil
- Douglas J. Mathisen, MD
- The Center for Cancer Risk Assessment Genetic Counselors at Mass General
- Bruce A. Chabner, MD
- Edwin K. Lamport
- Julian Adams, PhD
- Tristan’s Gift of Hope Foundation
- Andrea Paciello
- Kevin S. Oh, MD
- Nancy and Richard Kelleher
- Tim Cummings, MSW, LICSW
- Uniting Against Lung Cancer
- Pamela Manikas Washek
- Evangelos S. Gragoudas, MD
- Mary F. Fay, RN, BSN, OCN
- Tyler Jacks, PhD
- Phyllis McNally
- Barry Lipsett & Charles River Apparel
- Dorothy Binford
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.