Tim Cummings, MSW, LICSW
Tim Cummings, MSW, LICSW, program director of Cancer Support Community Massachusetts, has time and again demonstrated his deep commitment to supporting patients and their caregivers.
A cancer survivor himself, he has devoted 20 years to helping patients and their loved ones cope with the medical and lifestyle adjustments of a cancer diagnosis.
Four years ago, when the Wellness Community, a nonprofit serving people who have been diagnosed with cancer, closed its doors, Tim worked long hours to maintain client services. His office, an affiliate, sought the means to remain in operation. Today, his organization, Wellness Community South Shore, has new quarters and continues to offer its expert services free of charge as an affiliate of Cancer Support Community, a global network of service providers.
As program director, Tim strives to continually enhance and expand services in response to the evolving needs of patients and families. He recently started a men’s support group, a weekend retreat for couples and contributed to the development of a program sponsored by the Friends of Mel Foundation designed to empower patients as they adapt to a life-changing diagnosis.
Nominate someone you know who is making a difference in the fight against cancer!NOMINATE TODAY
- Keisha Cobb
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital Radiation Oncology Treatment Team
- Grace Cohen
- Dana-Farber / Harvard Cancer Center–Faith Based Cancer Disparities Network
- Wolfram Goessling, MD, PhD
- Gaddy A. Getz, PhD
- Margaret B. Pulsifer, PhD
- Dejan Juric, MD
- Zach Sobiech Osteosarcoma Fund
- Martha Keochareon
- E. John Opolski, RN
- Winter Vinecki
- Henning A. Gaissert, MD
- The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, Hospital Outreach Program
- Central Maine Medical Center, Outpatient Medical Oncology/Infusion Center Nursing Staff
- Amir T. Fathi, MD
- Rosemarie Murphy
- LUNGevity Foundation
- William F. Pirl, MD, MPH
- The Paul Foundation
- Patricia M. LoRusso, DO
- Jim Coghlin Sr. and 15-40 Connection
- Cape Air
- Carrie A. Quadrino
- Nanci Newton
- Shelia O’Donoghue, RN, OCN
- Eric S. Lander, PhD
- Massachusetts Breast Cancer Coalition
- William H. Park
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.