Kim Rock, Michael Jones and Tricia Ferguson - Institution for Savings
I work for a great company, the Institution for Savings in Newburyport, Mass. Staffed by wonderful employees and headed by Michael Jones, president; Kim Rock, executive vice president and COO; and Tricia Ferguson, senior vice president of human resources, all of these people made life much more bearable for my family and I during a terrible year.
On March 14, 2011, after my first-ever colonoscopy, my doctor told me I had cancer. Within days, I began a year of treatment that included 33 radiation sessions, 12 hospital stays and five major surgeries. Months after my diagnosis, our family received even worse news: my husband was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer.
Throughout these ordeals, my bank held my job and provided both short- and long-term benefits. But the support didn’t stop there. The bank gave me transportation services, hired a weekly cleaning service for our home, arranged an in-home manicure and pedicure, and sent groceries, cards and flowers. The tellers took up a collection and gave my husband an iPod he could enjoy during his treatments. At Christmas, my department gave us money to celebrate the holiday with our family.
I returned to work in March 2012. I will be forever grateful for the support, help and kindness my company showed my family and I during such a difficult time.
- Ellin McSweeney
Celebrate the one hundred 2014Join Us on June 10
- Michelle Boutin, Karen Ingwersen, RN, and Michael Keamy
- Melissa Skolny, MSHA, Cynthia Miller; Lauren Jammallo; Jean O’Toole, PT, MPH; and Michelle Specht, MD, Mass General Lymphedema Screening Team
- Joshua Sommer
- Estelle Sugarman
- Ann H. Partridge, MD, MPH
- Kathy Giusti
- Philip Gosnell
- Evangelos S. Gragoudas, MD
- Moireen and Aaron Ruotsala
- Lori Wirth
- Mary F. Fay, RN, BSN, OCN
- Don Francis, RN, BSN
- Dorothy Binford
- Brian N. Napolitano
- Ann Murray Paige
- Breast Intentions, Massachusetts Chapter
- Stephanie Quinn, MSW, LICSW
- Dell, Inc.
- Julian Adams, PhD
- Rose M. Watson
- Phyllis McNally
- Marla Serwin
- Sailing Heals
- Ashley Bonner
- Jay S. Loeffler, MD, FACR, FASTRO
- Linda J. Verville Cancer Research Foundation
- Tina Capodilupo Journeay
- Teagan Stedman
- Yi-Bin A. Chen, MD
- Sandra Creamer, RN, OCN, NP, PhD
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.