Ursuline Academy Pink Glove Dance
A small school with a big heart, Ursuline Academy in Dedham, Mass. created a joyful event that united students, faculty and staff in raising awareness and funds for cancer research.
The Pink Glove Dance is a video showing an exuberant cadre of pink- gloved girls dancing their way through locker rooms, classrooms, halls and stairways to a pulsing pop beat. Moving in synch or free-style, pink-gloved teachers and staff gamely join the students in this rousing, school-wide campaign.
As participants in the American Cancer Society’s 2011 High School Challenge, the students created the video to drum up support — and donations — in advance of the Boston Making Strides Against Breast Cancer fundraising event. The students then walked along the Charles River to raise almost $20,000 for the American Cancer Society.
Inspired by the staff of Providence St. Vincent Medical Center in Oregon, whose 2009 “Pink Glove Dance” video went viral, Ursuline Academy brings spirit to the battle against breast cancer.
Nominate someone you know who is making a difference in the fight against cancer!NOMINATE TODAY
- Dancing With The Teachers
- Robert C. Lufkin, DO
- The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, Hospital Outreach Program
- Henning A. Gaissert, MD
- Shelia O’Donoghue, RN, OCN
- Shore Country Day Boys Basketball Team
- Central Maine Medical Center, Outpatient Medical Oncology/Infusion Center Nursing Staff
- Peter J. Biggs, PhD
- Wolfram Goessling, MD, PhD
- Malvina and Ben Feinswog
- Belinda and Henri Termeer
- Sarah, Gail and Christopher Doktor
- Joseph A. Greer, PhD
- Richard A. Hodin, MD
- Robert Stabile, RPh, BCOP
- LUNGevity Foundation
- Gary D. Hammer, MD, PhD
- The Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation
- Margaret B. Pulsifer, PhD
- Keith D. Lillemoe, MD
- Roberto DeJesus
- Haymakers for Hope
- E. John Opolski, RN
- Patricia L. Nebus, RN
- Ronald (Tak) W. Takvorian, MD
- Arielle Densen
- Alice B. Hatch
- Jordan Rich
- Amir T. Fathi, MD
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.