Ursuline Academy Pink Glove Dance
A small school with a big heart, Ursuline Academy in Dedham, Mass. created a joyful event that united students, faculty and staff in raising awareness and funds for cancer research.
The Pink Glove Dance is a video showing an exuberant cadre of pink- gloved girls dancing their way through locker rooms, classrooms, halls and stairways to a pulsing pop beat. Moving in synch or free-style, pink-gloved teachers and staff gamely join the students in this rousing, school-wide campaign.
As participants in the American Cancer Society’s 2011 High School Challenge, the students created the video to drum up support — and donations — in advance of the Boston Making Strides Against Breast Cancer fundraising event. The students then walked along the Charles River to raise almost $20,000 for the American Cancer Society.
Inspired by the staff of Providence St. Vincent Medical Center in Oregon, whose 2009 “Pink Glove Dance” video went viral, Ursuline Academy brings spirit to the battle against breast cancer.
Nominate someone you know who is making a difference in the fight against cancer!NOMINATE TODAY
- Remy A. Stressenger
- Lorraine A. Sacco
- Nanci Newton
- Marlyn Salazar, BS, RTT
- Ronald (Tak) W. Takvorian, MD
- Chien-Chi Huang
- Nicole Neville and Paige Shin
- William H. Park
- The Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation
- Angels Above
- Henning A. Gaissert, MD
- The Melanoma Research Alliance
- 2013 Avon Walk for Breast Cancer Youth Crew
- Pamela L. Trefler
- Brian J. MacDonnell, RN
- Dancing With The Teachers
- Wolfram Goessling, MD, PhD
- The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, Hospital Outreach Program
- Jeff Guyer Family and Friends
- Rochelle Shoretz
- The Cardio-Oncology Program: Sanjeev Francis, MD, Marielle Scherrer-Crosbie MD, PhD, and Tomas Neilan, MD
- Caring for a Cure
- Dana-Farber / Harvard Cancer Center–Faith Based Cancer Disparities Network
- Roberto DeJesus
- The Paul Foundation
- Martha Keochareon
- Team Collette-Black Rose
- Malvina and Ben Feinswog
- Peter J. Biggs, PhD
- Think Fit For Kids
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.