Ursuline Academy Pink Glove Dance
A small school with a big heart, Ursuline Academy in Dedham, Mass. created a joyful event that united students, faculty and staff in raising awareness and funds for cancer research.
The Pink Glove Dance is a video showing an exuberant cadre of pink- gloved girls dancing their way through locker rooms, classrooms, halls and stairways to a pulsing pop beat. Moving in synch or free-style, pink-gloved teachers and staff gamely join the students in this rousing, school-wide campaign.
As participants in the American Cancer Society’s 2011 High School Challenge, the students created the video to drum up support — and donations — in advance of the Boston Making Strides Against Breast Cancer fundraising event. The students then walked along the Charles River to raise almost $20,000 for the American Cancer Society.
Inspired by the staff of Providence St. Vincent Medical Center in Oregon, whose 2009 “Pink Glove Dance” video went viral, Ursuline Academy brings spirit to the battle against breast cancer.
Celebrate the one hundred 2014Join Us on June 10
- Lazarex Foundation
- Karen J. Krag, MD
- Melissa Skolny, MSHA, Cynthia Miller; Lauren Jammallo; Jean O’Toole, PT, MPH; and Michelle Specht, MD, Mass General Lymphedema Screening Team
- Joshua Sommer
- Ann Murray Paige
- Sue de Vries Cancer Foundation
- Friends of Jaclyn
- Stephanie Quinn, MSW, LICSW
- Lori Wirth
- Don Francis, RN, BSN
- Pennies from Heaven
- Donna Karan and the Urban Zen Foundation
- Kathy Giusti
- Michelle Boutin, Karen Ingwersen, RN, and Michael Keamy
- Jay S. Loeffler, MD, FACR, FASTRO
- Evangelos S. Gragoudas, MD
- Moireen and Aaron Ruotsala
- Julia Hincman-Francavilla, MS, RD, LDN, CSO
- Phyllis McNally
- David J. Kuter, MD, Dphil
- Cristina R. Ferrone, MD
- Eileen McGuirk’s Flash Mob
- Ann H. Partridge, MD, MPH
- Kim Rock, Michael Jones and Tricia Ferguson – Institution for Savings
- Julian Adams, PhD
- Tyler Jacks, PhD
- Yi-Bin A. Chen, MD
- Big Y
- Rhonda McGrail
- Farrah Fawcett and the Farrah Fawcett Foundation
Mass General honors 100 individuals and groups for their diverse contributions to the fight against cancer. Meet the Honorees.